M&M Music and Performing Arts Academy presents an introductory course in sound engineering and electronic music production.
For a free introduction class contact reception.
- Learning how to navigate in a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
- The importance of MIDI
- Recording a live instrument into the DAW
- Recording a Microphone into the DAW
- Remixing a song using the DAW
- Sampling in the DAW
- Creating samples to use within the DAW
- Creating samples for live use, such as performances, live shows, live studio recording
- Learning to record to a metronome or click in the DAW
- Learning the art of beat creation and arranging
- Creating tracks for a band or singer to play along to with the use of a metronome, cues, counts.
- Cleaning up a track using the DAW
- Learning the mixing tools used in a DAW such as equalization, compression, limiting etc.
- Mixing stems in a song
- Mixing the song as a whole
- Bouncing the song in different formats such as MP3, WAV, AIFF etc.
- Mastering a track for commercial formats such as radio, online music stores and television
To find out more about our music production courses in Cape Town